Header

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Brit Bee - A New Year...

And we are off on another Brit Bee adventure, and this is going to be a great one, no doubt about it!

We have each designed a 15" x 20" block, shared our fabric / style preferences, made our 15" starter blocks and the whole kit-kaboodle has been posted in Dropbox, and the wait is over.

We are all making the same block each month, and first up is the one designed by Susan.  I spent the day making this block for Katy, who, in a nutshell is wanting bright solids, against white, using only 2 or 3 colours per block, albeit different shades of said colours.

Ta da…


Now for someone who had to do a bit of solids shopping before I could begin, because I claim I don't really do solids, I actually really love the fresh look.

What I do love even more is the snappy crab block, or aquaman with big grabby hands!!


I am so looking forward to these quilts developing over the next 12-18 months.  They are going to be so different, even though we are again using the same grand plans.  I love that.


The block I have designed will be the final one of the twelve, so you will have to wait patiently to see what I came up with.

Brit Bee Forever, Terri in our hearts xxx

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous! everytime i look at everyone elses fabric choices i doubt my own... the solids look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's gorgeous! Must get cracking on yours!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. it really comes alive with the shading, looks great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours, and what a great design :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's stunning and I can't wait to see this block in everyone else's fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be amazing. I think a lot of us like solids but don't have many of them. I know that's the case for me

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx