Header

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Public Service Announcements...

I feel it is my duty to share the love from time to time, plus I have a blogiversary coming up, so if you keep coming back, more good things could happen!

Today I have been stitching up something festive and secret, but I can give you the sneakiest of peaks of something else…


I have a quilt hiding on the cover of this soon to be released magazine and I am so excited.  I am keeping the best company, and can't wait to get my hands on a real-life copy.

If you have not subscribed in eager anticipation, what are you waiting for!?  You need to take advantage of the most excellent offer - 3 issues of Quilt Now for £5, yes only five pounds; but you only have until Monday to make the most of this deal.   So get to it, you know you will regret it if you don't, and I will say I told you so!

One magazine that I have been subscribed to for many a year is good old Mollie Makes.  Just as I was pondering cancelling said subscription, too much wool, not enough fabric; they win me back! 

Now I usually chuck re-cycle all the junk mail as soon as I have opened the the plastic cover, you know all that crap no-one wants, never alone reads, but one piece of paper caught my eye - a free pom pom maker, (worth a whole £6.50 - more than the cost of the magazine!)…


So I stopped by Hobbycraft on the way home from work on Tuesday, and by the time I came back from after-school swimming, I had made 3!


All I can say is check out your junk people; sometimes there's a pearl, or rather pom pom in there waiting to be picked!!

9 comments:

  1. In my day we cut circles from cornflake boxes (i dont think any other cereals were available back then) to make our pompoms. That makes me sound about a hundred but I'm not.....quite!
    Cant wait for the new mag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did ponder for a while about the subscription. I usually buy magazines if they catch my eye. The £5 for 3 swayed me however.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave in to the subscription offer a while back because I know previously you were worried what I would read in a power cut if I don't buy something printed from time to time ;-). Cute pom-poms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might be in one of those mags too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great free gift! I remember making pom poms with my gran when I was little, we used cardboard circles with holes in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought those pom pom makers (in all 4 sizes!) after seeing Kirstie Allsopp use them at Xmas, but I only got them out and tried them on Monady! They are brilliant!! I made pom poms for my FQR nametag!! I am making them all the time now and yarn bombing our trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember, back in the 70's, ordering a pompom maker from an ad in a craft magazine. It was called the 'Doodle Loom" and by using the various sizes you could glue them together to make small pompom animals. What more could a teenage girl want?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Already got my subscription and I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt in the mag - v exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making pom poms. Now that takes me back a bit!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx