Header

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Easy When You Know How...

It took me 6 months to get round to appliquéing on my Midnight At The Oasis flowers. Truth be told I was a bit worried that they would look shocking and that I just couldn't do it!

Amazing what a bit of Jen Kingwell inspiration can do!

So over the last week or so, snatching those quiet moments amongst the madness, I stitched.

Today we headed off for a big picnic in the park with a load of kids and mums from school, and I even stitched a bit more, and when we got home I was able to get the last flower on.

Ta da!


If you have forgotten what the rest of the quilt looks like, because I certainly had, here's how far I've got…


Tonight I will get my machine out, it's been getting a little jealous of all the hand-stitching.

18 comments:

  1. It looks great and all worth the time and effort! I so love hand stitching.....it's rather addictive Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! How on earth will you quilt it? Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking awesome - good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the machine jealousy. My machines sit on the same table and I can hear them thinking when I am spending too much time with the pfaff. My bernina starts calling, "hey! I have the right threads all ready to go - you won't have to change threads if you come sit by me..."
    The Janome then says, "Why am I always covered up? Can't you think of a place to put in my spiffy coverstitch?" The pfaff ( who tends to be superior) responds, "But I do 9mm wide buttonholes, ha!"
    When I am at my cutting table, I can hear these machines betting (yes, they have a bookie) on who will win the stitch moment.
    Sometimes I have to close the door to the sewing room at night.

    I love hand applique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is looking wonderful, you have certainly figured it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so wonderful and and sweet!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well done you, I love appliqué (just not necessarily doing it by hand)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the needle turn applique that I tried a while ago took me forever! Looks like you did these pretty quickly in the end. Love your colour scheme for the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot!! All this hand applique going on is certainly inspiring. I need a project! (like a hole in the head).

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's going to be gorgeous!! Lovely to see you enjoying hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning, i am so jealous. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, it looks amazing. Love your energy and enthusiasm for all this hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Love hand sewing and it's portability too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's nice to be inspired by a masterful artisan

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx