Header

Sunday 6 July 2014

A bit of Me time!

In less than a fortnight I am off to Fat Quarterly Retreat, did I mention that already!?


Well as is customary, I am going to link up and introduce myself to the unsuspecting attendees.  That is not an excuse for heckling from the regulars, thank you ladies!

My name is Hadley, aka Mrs Flying Blind, almost mid-40s, wife to a long suffering husband, long-suffering mummy of three, 9, 7 & 7.  I live in West Sussex, work part-time/term-time and can't wait for the school holidays!

I have been blogging for 4 years this coming week, and have been quilting for the same length of time; I took dress-making at school and have sewn on and off since then.

I have been to both previous Retreats and although a lot of my partners in crime won't be attending this year, I am still looking forward to it like you wouldn't believe.


I belong to some fantastic online Bees, Brit Bee (above) and Stitch Tease; last year I took part in the Siblings Together Quilting Bee and will be handing over a huge quilt again...


Handing over to Delma in 2013.
This year I have sent name tags to Trash and Sarah, and am eagerly awaiting mine as part of the swap (hint hint partner!)...


My sample swap items this year are totes that made the air so blue during their construction, they will forever be known as Swear Bags…


Last year I made and sold Liberty key fobs…

Caught peddling my wares by Jan!
... and this year I have scaled it back and made a limited edition, so please track me down, or let me know if you would like to reserve one…


You will find me hand quilting and Green-beaning with Jen Kingwell, embroidering with Jo; screen printing with Karen, doodling with Troods and knotting with Thomas K - soooooo excited by all my classes.

I do hate having my photo taken though, so don't be offended or take it personally if I tell you where to stick your camera!

So that is probably all you could ever want to know about me, you can ask me if you want to know more, but I'm not promising an answer ;)

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon, now to start packing!

25 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I was going g to be there. You will have an amazing time

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have a blast. Kind of sad I'm not going this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's wishing you all a wonderful time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we will just have to try harder to enjoy ourselves to make up for the great folk we will be missing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a blast. I'm so still wishing I could have been there! Maybe next year....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you will have the very best time and I am so regretting that I will not be able to come this year. I will be watching for news and photos and thinking of all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a brilliant time! Love that pic of you as a fob dealer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. See you there and maybe in some of the classes? I am knotting/embroidering and beaning on Sat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a fab time, still a bit sulky I can't be there, maybe next year..... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. have a great time, maybe next year I will get. I am sure your key fobs will sell in no time at all, but if they don't you know where to find me ......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos, making me all excited about this year - nearly time now! It will be great to see you again and maybe have time for a proper long chat this year?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're as nutters in person as you are in this post. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to it as well, I just feel naughty that i haven't really started my homework yet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, that about sums it up, apart from you being allergic to brown!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll be knotting and embroiderying and beaning on Saturday too!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday 😊

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm screen printing with Karen! Its come around so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't got my name tag either yet???

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really sad I won't make it again this year :-( I bet you will have a brilliant time though and I shall look forward to hearing all about it :-)
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really looking forward to meeting everyone! Can I reserve one of the gorgeous key fobs if there are any left? Thanks, Cara

    ReplyDelete
  21. Squee, not many sleeps! I'd like to reserve one of them lime green ones please :) see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've seen photos of you today, on Instagram! Sneaky photos maybe?

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx